Saturday, February 5

Krewe De Karte 2005; What We've Learned

To make things simpler, we're going to work backwards through the night. I've lived here for four years and I've driven from Loyola and Howard back to campus at least 20 times (twice after Krewe De Karte). But for some strange reason, I exited I-10 and ended up right in front of Tulane Ave, which we turned onto since there was no way through Canal due to parades. So, a couple things happen; I yell some things I shouldn't have, we get to the end of N. Broad St., I start hearing high pitched noises, we drive in a square around City Park, I beat my head on the steering wheel, and then we're just shy of East New Orleans. From there, we made it back in the normal amount of time it takes one to make it back from East New Orleans, minus the wait for the train, of course. For those I made feel bad, I am sorry. For those I scared with the beating of the head, it'll never happen again. And for those who slept through it all...thank you.

The actual Krewe De Karte went surprisingly well, though. Lots of people, lots of booze, very few individuals we had to send home. Couldn't ask for more. Oh, and beautiful weather, too. I even got a bit of a sunburn on my forehead. A few too many fights occurred on the Grassy Knoll, but thankfully no one ended up in central lock-up. Then it got cold. But my car, as previously mentioned, was across the street so I grabbed my blanket out of there, which turned out to facilitate the best part of the night. All in all, though, I'd say it was a successful Shopping Cart Day. But this was the first year we had imitators...and it won't be the last year after the mention in "Where Y'at?"

Regardless, I hope you all had a good time, whether you are in town or back home, rolling with the Krewe or watching from your favorite spot all day.

To use the Zeta Psi (in)famous quote, "Happy Mardi!"


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome.
Hey, did we hit Esplanade yet?

2/14/2005 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home