Thursday, January 26

Mid-South Philosophy Conference

Great news! I got accepted to the Mid-South Philosophy Conference, hosted in Memphis the 24th and 25th of February. I don't know how "prestigious" this conference is, but being a professional, regional conference as opposed to a graduate or state conference has got to count for something. And my parents are going to come listen to me speak (how unfortunate for them). So I'm hanging on cloud 9 right now.

Admittedly, it's slightly bitter-sweet. The bad news is that I won't be able to make it down to New Orleans during that weekend. It really is going to suck not seeing all my friends, including those I didn't see during Gene's wedding. There is still a slight hope that I present on Friday and can make it down for Saturday, but I can't guarantee that even if I do go Friday. I am still looking for a way down, though, whether during Spring break or maybe just a random long weekend.

But, as one of my best friends recently said, "Jeff, you're a philosopher now. You've got to do philosophical things." Wow...I feel so full of energy right now. I feel that all those dreams of doing exactly what I'm passionate about might actually have a chance....Who'da thunk...

Post Scripts...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'd a thunk it. That's who. I remember years ago doing a questionnaire for that Glendale Band Book your mom helped make for us all (seniors) and on my survey I distinctly remember writing something about how you'll be a philosopher doing philosophical stuff someday. While that sounds pretty obvious now, back then it wasn't obvious to everyone. Only the greatest band nerds knew...*the crowd roars* They should make a movie about you. I want my character to be Angelina Jolie...if she doesn't look cracked out by then.

1/28/2006 12:25 AM  
Blogger Kinney said...

Congratulations!!! That is great news.

1/28/2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger aesthetic realist said...

hmmm, interesting, I think I'll read more. yes, the Decemberists are an amazing band...I would recommend. cheers from VA.

a.m.o.

2/01/2006 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home