Monday, February 7

Just A Random Lundi

So it was just a random Monday for me. I worked the front desk this morning, but then I read and took a short nap. Attempted to go to the parades tonight, but it started a downpour soon after we got there. So Heintz, Troy and I decided to head out. I did play quite a few games of chess, though; only lost the last one to Andrew, but it was still good to get the gears rotating again.

So now that I've thoroughly bored all the uninterested, how about a vent? I've been making this CD recently. I'm going to burn it in audio format, so it limits the compilation to around 18 songs. Basically, this is a "This is Jeff" CD, so I'm putting in all the songs that embody me or at least embody how I feel most of the time.

It is quite an experience defining yourself in less than 80 minutes of music. You'd think you could talk about yourself for a long time, but to be concise and exact, that's a different story. It's like the Jimmy Eat World song; "Now's the right time for a good song. Get something to say what I can't. Do you feel bad like I feel bad? Well pour us a road, because on sleepless paths the sleepless pass." So for those of you who'd like to know what's on my list, here's my work in progress.

  1. Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
  2. Shades Apart - Stranger by the Day
  3. Cowboy Mouth - Laughable
  4. Switchfoot - 24
  5. Candlebox - It's For You
  6. Goldfinger - Superman
  7. Eric Clapton - some randon guitar solo
  8. Ben Folds - Philosophy
  9. A Perfect Circle - Gravity
  10. Counting Crows - Mrs. Potter
  11. Jeffery Foucault - Miles from the Lightning
  12. Switchfoot - Always Something
  13. Guster - Come Downstairs and Say Hello

So there you have it. That's the work-in-progress of my "This is Jeff" CD. There will be a couple more additions, but I'm fairly content with the track numbering up to this point. Yeah, there are a couple songs that are topical and a couple songs that are, at least to the extent they can be, life-long. I'll add another post soon explaining some of the reasons for why I feel the way I do right now, but until then...Namaste.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home