Sunday, February 19

Grinding to a Pulp

Well, the daily grind is definately taking its toll on me. In the next week and two days, I have a meeting to decide next semester's colliquium speakers, a 5 pager for Mind, a 7 pager for Language, presenting my paper (the high point), presenting my commentary on another's paper (the low point), and, hopefully, finishing up my Phil Sci paper. Oh, and 16 hours of driving. And maybe, just maybe, starting to study for my three comprehensive exams that take place during Spring Break. If only I could be there for Mardi Gras...

----------------------------
"How can I tell that you are an enlightened person?" asked Sela the brahman of the Buddha.

"I know what should be known," answered the Buddha, "and what should be cultivated, I have cultivated. What should be abandoned, I have let go, In this way, O brahman, I am awake."

-Sutta Nipata
---------------------------

In this way, O brahman, I can tell that I am not an enlightened person.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if anyone can do it, you can...and for that matter, if no one could do it, then you could do it to the nth degree. wishing you the best of luck this week...i'm always up for a quick chat over a camel.
AW

2/20/2006 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we will miss you during the normal mayhem... but just remember that while we are taking a weekend to do absolutely nothing with our lives except kill some brain cells, you are beginning to live out your dreams...

- SLC

2/22/2006 4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home