Wednesday, March 8

PhilSci Paper: Check

Yes, it's sad. But two and a half months after the due date, I finally finished my term paper for Philosophy of Science. No worries, I took an incomplete on it and I'm well within my deadline. But let me tell you, this paper is productive. And that's the thing...

Going back to my post titled {proof}, it's the difference between pumping out the mundane, regurgitating the trite, and producing something that advances the field. Now, I'm not saying my paper is publishable or that it even makes a dent in the pursuit of these secrets, but the point is that it tries. The resulting paper takes issue with something large and it makes positive steps, albiet perhaps positive steps in the wrong direction. But if I were going to put my energy into creating a 3,000+ word philosophical piece, I want it to produce an effect more than just a resulting grade. I will likely read this paper at the NIU conference in April, and while it might not make it past the starting blocks and out into the philosophical community at large, it is at least in the spirit of doing so. And, yes, again let me admit that I'm overly idealistic.

But it's done and it's behind me. Now...Analytic midterm and comprehensive exams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home