Wednesday, September 6

My To-Do List

Thanks go out to everyone (and there were quite a few of you) who kept on my case about updating my divergent world. There were some valid issues keeping me from doing such, but mainly it was an overflow of tedious, invalid issues that kept me away. And I'm not saying those are done now, but at least they're a bit more manageable.

So what's new? Classes started last week, and they look to be a pretty sweet compilation. I'm taking Metaphysics, Contextualism, and Psychology of Language (naturally, in the Psych department, not Philosophy). I might also be auditing Biopsych, but considering it'd be too much work and I already know the information anyways, I'm beginning to think there's no reason to even audit it. I would take it for a grade, but if I did I'd be done with my degree this semester. Sure, that sounds good on paper, to have an entire semester to not do anything, but now that I'm getting free tuition and a sufficient stipend, might as well milk it one more semester. So, I'll probably end up dropping that course, leaving me with just 9 credits this semester.

It's not that much freetime, though. I'm also TAing for a couple courses that meet MWF at 8am and 9am. Add to that the office hours and grading, and it takes up a little time, too. And although I can't formally mention it (due to a stipulation for the TA job), I'm still holding down a couple shifts doing that thing at that place with the stuff. But I guess the main drain on time this semester is going to be the applications for PhD programs. Maybe in a day or two I'll put up a list of where I'll be applying. And shortly after that, I'll be contacting those near and dear to me who live close to those schools, begging for a spot on the couch some random weekend. But that's going to be quite involved, including a new GRE, a personal statement my old hard-drive ate, getting packets together for my letter writers, actually filling out the applications, and lots and lots of money. So it'll be a busy semester.

Well, I hate to do just random life updates, as I try to keep this as far away from being a journal as possible, but I figure it'll do well enough to get me back into updating my world. So, without further ado...


{{poof}}

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/06/2006 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even though you try to keep this from being a journal... i enjoy it... i want to know whats going on with your life, whether it is mental calesthenics (sp?) or just an update... i like it... so keep it up, even if you feel you are diverging from your world... or something like that ;)

ps, you really should read atlas shrugged

9/06/2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home