Monday, November 20

The Extension

Right now I'm working on a 20 page research proposal for my Psych of Language course. It's deadline is 3pm today. I'm not going to make it.

Fortunately, I e-mailed the professor Saturday night and got a 24 hour extension. So maybe I'm a little bit of a procrastinator, but this semester I've actually been on top of my game. The reason I needed an extension was due to a conference I had to attend this weekend for my Contextualism course. 15 hours, split between two days, where I not only had to have my 3,000 word term paper ready for presentation, I also needed to have a useful handout for my presentation, a 1,200 word commentary on one of the other students papers ready for presentation, and a corresponding relevant handout for that commentary. It took up a lot of time that, quite honestly, I didn't have at this point in the semester. So, I'm behind on my Psych proposal, which in turn puts me behind on getting a few last things done for my apps and my trip home in a couple days.

But that, in conjunction with a conversation with DJL, brought back how much I miss the Tulane lifestyle. I remember putting off papers for parties, randomly regular nights out drinking with the guys, and the ubiquitous dork games. I remember working on a paper intermittently between turns at a board game, or worse, the umbilical dork-cord from ADP's room down to JMD's dorm room our freshman year. I didn't mind adding to the stress of a paper by putting it off for a little R&R. I don't even mind, now, having had a lower GPA because of it. My time at Tulane was the perfect balance. It just sucks now that, quite literally, I have to put off a paper for another paper. Oh well, with the extension, and now the paper well underway, I'm not too stressed. I've got 3 good, solid, pages and I only started an hour and a half ago. No offense to those of you in the hard or social sciences, but paper writing is unbelievably easier when you don't have to convey three different and sometimes conflicting thoughts within the same 14 word sentence. Anyways, it's back to work for me. Maybe sometime soon I'll have a couple hours to kill on an adventure. Till then...

Namaste'.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...i've decided that you need to rethink your application process a bit. I think that maybe you should look at which one has the best food. (since you dont eat very well now) Just looking out for your well being! http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/departments/college/?article=10schoolswithGreatFood07>1=8717

miss you and see you VERY soon! :)
aw

11/21/2006 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home