Sunday, November 12

Procrastination at its Most Productive

If the barage of recent posts on DW hadn't clued you in yet, let me make it explicitly clear; I am procrastinating to the fullest extent of my potential. I have an increadibly complicated week ahead of me. Let me count the ways:
  1. My Contextualism Paper, for presentation, must be completed by Thursday
  2. 120 kids in my TA class will be turning in their homework tomorrow, which I'll need to grade by Wednesday.
  3. On Thursday, I'll recieve the paper I'll be commenting on for the Contextualism Conference this weekend. Yup, I have a 24 hour turn-around time between when I recieve the paper and when I should get my completed commentary (3-4 pgs) back to the presenter Friday evening.
  4. All day Saturday and all day Sunday will be taken up with the Contextualism Conference.
  5. My 20-30 page research proposal is due in Psych of Language next Monday. Nope, haven't got a word written...yet
  6. thru 41. All the normal stuff; apps, writing sample, mailings, transcripts, general corrospondence, personal statement, GRE studying (yup, taking it again), prepping for my trip home, my Metaphysics paper and discussing said paper with the professor, etc, etc, etc....fortunately, when I get to #42, I'll have the answer to everything.
But I figure, while procrastinating, why not be productive? So, for those of you who thought I couldn't be any more Martha Stewart, I have now proved you wrong. Here's a picture of my Christmas Tree (Holiday Bush, Pegan Alter, whatever)



Next, the newest roomate(s) to my apartment (a re-cap: Relic, my cat; Seppuku; Taiwaz; Avelbane; Rosencranz (or Gildenstern, one of them died); Bristol; and Sham (another new addition, but not worthy of a picture, as he's just an air-plant). I think I got everyone. The cool thing about this picture is that it's actually two new additions -- the fish, naturally, but the plant in there is a living water plant. Cool, eh? I'm thinking "Zephyr" for the fish. And, you know, it wasn't until just now that, thinking about Zephyr (meaning the wind, not the flower, sports team, or hat-making company), I thought of a cool name for the plant. "Coriolis". Nice. Ok, it's decided. Here's Zephyr and Coriolis.



As for me, I think it's time I get back to work...Namaste'.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww jeffy...this is why we love you.

..aw

11/13/2006 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey while you are procrastinating I have some vacuuming that needs to be done, and my laundry should be put away...you know, just if you are looking for something to do and hey the drive alone will take up a good 5.5 hours each way! That's 11 total procrastinating hours spent just on driving...

Just something to think about!

Em

11/14/2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home