Friday, July 6

Six Months...and a day...

I know...just when I get back into the swing of things with, essentially, a post a day to keep me busy, I pull a disappearing act again. True, it was only a few days this time, but with good reason. The internet connection I use isn't that, uh, reliable. And the past couple days I haven't managed to, um, connect on a whim. And, as anyone out there in blogospherelandshire knows, when a post hits you, you just need to write it then. Otherwise, it'll never come out right.

Like this one: Yesterday marked the 6th month anniversary of me giving up cigarettes. That's right...six months with not a single puffed, dragged or bummed cigarette after many, many years of regular smoking. Of course, the great expounding I had planned on this topic is now lost somewhere within a dream I had last night of myself lacking any corporeal existence yet somehow still bouncing at the bar at which I work. And while that dream was definitely interesting, it pales in comparison to the witty puns I had worked up for my 6th month anniversary post. Ok, so maybe you lucked out in that I forgot the puns.


But I'll get back to trying to keep up with fairly regular posts, here. Mary left a comment, and a question, to my last veganism post I'll be addressing shortly. And as the month counts down, the move to Madison will be ever approaching leaving me with ever increasing complexities in my life. And, as this summer has essentially been a vacuum of experiences, I feel lucky to have had enough material to post what I did. So, in sum, look forward to new posts soon. I'll try to jot down my posts in the word processor program if I can't get the internet rolling, that way DW won't just turn into a messed up excerpt from The Interpretation of Dreams.

Of course, in the meantime, you can check out the linked title of this post, directing you to the amazon.com site for a book on how to stop smoking. I know, it sounds cliche'. But after/while reading this book, I quit cold turkey from the better part of a pack a day, sans any nicotine replacements, and haven't had any trouble refusing offers since. So I recommend it, and would be more than happy to send my copy to anyone who wants to read it. Just let me know. Till next time...

Namaste'.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

can you bring me your book when you come home? i guess i should try this whole thing over again :/

7/06/2007 11:18 AM  
Blogger Tristan said...

Congrats, my friend.

7/06/2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger J.B.P. said...

My dearest AKW, I definitely will. And Tristan, don't think I've forgotten who I was out drinking with the night of that last cigarette! We need to get a dinner going soon, as I need to see both you and your wife before I head up North.

7/06/2007 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home