Thursday, March 3

Death of an Individual

A sad day indeed. I didn't want to do it. You should have seen the disgust on my face as I clicked "register." It was only to find a couple friends from highschool...Jimmy, Eric, Graham (though I never figured he'd be on it), a couple others. To quote Bond:
Jeff, I never knew you were such a conventional person as to use the facebook. I'm really surprised at your failure in this case to distinguish yourself from the rest of the student population. Usually, you do so with vigor, but I can see that this new development is a signal that you are now on a track that will lead you to a lifestyle of conspicuous consumption, a lack of real spirituality, and boat shoes. Welcome aboard.
But I won't apologize. I had my reasons for joining. I've got in touch with a few of those I was meaning to find. And now I'm connected to 2532 people through friends and have a total of 56 friends...and yes, I even belong to a group. Touché world; you win this round.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, Surely you realize that you can be an individual and still be on facebook ... we all breath, right? And to college students, facebook is just that important.
- Julie

3/05/2005 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home