Wednesday, July 20

A Brief Aside...

I wanted to postpone my future explanations and additions to where I wanted to take my writing to briefly mention how much I care about my friends. I had my "going away" party tonight. I had friends there such and Troy and Heintz, Foster, Jen, Rosie, Nick, Glenn, Mer, Sean, "K-Factor" (long story) and others. While I was very glad all these individuals who've shaped my undergraduate career came out (or just so happened to be out) at Bruno's tonight, I wanted to mention how hard it is to find out you're leaving town when a lot of your friends aren't going to be back till August or have already left for good.

I wrote an e-mail to Steph tonight describing this. I know I'll be back for a long weekend in the Fall, and for the 25th of February, but it just feels wrong not being able to give a proper goodbye to a few choice individuals who aren't around. I know I'll see a lot of those not coming back next year over Shopping Cart Day, and the rest I'll be sure to catch up with next time I'm in town, but I still feel like something is missing from this exodus.

In the meantime, suffice it to say that, despite all the faults with the actual place, I'm going to miss the people that made this place a home for me the past four years.

Post Scripts...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In meditation one can slip outside time, which is kind of better than slowing things down. In deep meditation, one can separate one's physical body from one's spiritual energy. At this distinct point, one can feel one's spirit united with the spirit of the world. Here, there is a sense of timelessness that extends way beyond individual life-times. One can explore these realms, indeed, I'd like to think that there was a geography associated with them, but I have yet to become so sensitive. I enjoyed reading your blog. Bill

7/20/2005 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home