Monday, July 11

Post N-Day

Today was an entirely too productive day. I got up, played a game of Sudoku, thought about going to the gym, made breakfast instead, then got about my day. I stopped by Reily and talked with Heather. It was a matter of respect that I wanted to give my two weeks in person. It was quick and to the point. I then stopped by to help out Marty with a couple things at HRL. I even got an AMC gift card (he was giving one to all the summer employees, but since I'm not a summer employee, it was nice of him). I stopped by Dave's office to see when he'd be available for 15 minutes, which turned out to be at 4:30. So during the time in between I tried to work out a couple things with financial aid, followed by a long sojourne in the library. I read an interesting article about physicalisation of mental states into brain states, the inability to quantify qualia, and the identity/corrolative problem. Actually pretty interesting for both the philosophical and neurobiological models. Needless to say, that took up any remaining time before I met with Dave.

The meeting with Dave went really well. I told him I had really good news with some not so great consequences. He was very happy for me and supportive of the decision I had to make. He was also very complementary and assured me that if I ever need a recommendation for future employment, they would be happy to supply that for me. So all the hesitancy I had wasn't necessary. The funny thing is that as I walk into Dave's office I close the door. As I was exiting Dave's office, in Dan's office there's Dan, Marty, and Ericka. In front of them all he says, "Well, we've definately enjoyed having you work with us and appriciate all the work you've done this past year and prior to that." In my pariphial vision I see all three sets of eyes in the other room look up, to which I simply thank Dave and walk away. I can't imagine how fast that information is going to be spreading through the office. Anyways, that's that.

Now comes the count-down until I leave. Right now I'm planning on taking off on Thursday or Friday of next week. It'll likely be Friday by the time I get everything done, but so it goes. And for those who are sick of the NIU/Tulane situation, at least it's over. Hopefully I can slip out of my realities again, soon. I know it causes trouble, but it's been a long time and I do miss the clearity it brings on certain topics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home