Friday, July 8

Outside the Light Cone

Well, Dennis was looking a little further West earlier today. In fact, Tulane closed down their offices at noon today so the "essential personel" (note the drop in tone of voice when saying this phrase) could evacuate the city. Reily, in turn, closed their doors at 6pm...but not for long. No, they'll re-open at Noon o'clock tomorrow to welcome their first guest for Hurricane Dennis; none other than President Cowen himself (with wife, and no doubt the PR dog, too). As the most essential of the "essential personel" (still with the dropping of the voice) he will lead the way for all of Tulane's employees and on-campus residents to duck and cover...er...take shelter in the Reily Center Fortress.

Come 2pm, after sufficient time has passed to check off all the "essential personel," the residents of Summer Housing will be taking their personal effects (pillow, blanket, personal higene items) to check in to the Reily Center, for a potentially extended stay of up to 72 hours.

Naturally, I was having none of this. At the time, with the projected light-cone-of-doom looming over New Orleans, I was thinking to myself, "Self, if you need to leave, you should leave." (hint: "leave" and "leave" have different extensions) So I did plan/clean/"organize" accordingly. I hadn't checked back on the cone since around 3:30, so I hadn't noticed the slide East, but it did set me ahead of schedule on the things I need to get done. But, alas, I will be staying in New Orleans (but not in the Reily Center). They may very well decide they don't need to confine individuals tomorrow, but if they kick me out of my room, I'm planning on crashing at the fraternity house (easy access to a balcony for the show).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home