Saturday, July 9

Ubiquitous Guy in Rain Gear

I don't know how closely you may have been watching this cone-of-doom, but since about 5 o'clock yesterday New Orleans has been outside the path of destruction (ok, on the very edge of the path of destruction). The only thing that's really changed is that they're decreasing the potential area to the East of Mobile. Thus, from the layman assessment available to those in positions of decision-making, the probability that Dennis may be enter the mouth of the Mississippi would look to be increasing. However (comma)...

Given this assessment, they have closed Reily as an evac site and refrained from kicking me out of my room. That works well for me. They'll be coming back with a revised plan as of 3:30pm. This is a little troublesome, since there's a bus sitting outside of Willow B, but I'm fairly sure it's just for show and "precaution." However, given this turn of events, it is fairly idiotic that they cancel/shut down everything on campus, then a day before the hurricane hits (with us still right on the rim of the destruction) they say nevermind. Oh well...I guess I'll ride this one like I did Cindy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home