Thursday, September 15

Crunch

I realized today, as I was sitting on my balcony and could hear a couple guys tossing the frisbee down below, that I haven't heard leaves crunch in half a decade. Maybe a leaf crunch now and then, but leaves, to hear people trampling through them, every step heard brings the feel of fall. Then it started raining. Not a heavy rain, but a light, continuous shower. I got in my car this evening to return a movie, and that took me back to winters down South. The lights fading early now, not to mention the fact that it was overcast all day made it disappear all too soon. So now I want to both sit outside in the breeze and curl up in a ball with heavy blankets while watching a movie. It messes with your head when you're torn between two seasons. Guess I better get used to that concept again; seasons.

I'm still trying to figure out how, or even if, I should continue with the post below. It hit me hard again last night, and has been boiling over on the back burner all day today. Maybe I'll sit down and try to collect some more thoughts tonight and will post soon. Or, perhaps it's better to just collect some more thoughts but not post. We'll see. But I did find this interesting quote:

"A single word is sufficient to reveal the truth." - Shen Hui

If you're looking, you can't see past then...

Namaste'.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know who has the best front porch for blankets, camels, and tea? Yep, my house...so you better come over!
missing you lots...
ashley

9/16/2005 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the MudLounge tonight with some buddies and realized I'd never been there without you or Alex one. It was a moment of realization that I hadn't talked to you in a while. Post the post already. I'm on the edge of my seat.
~Megan

9/17/2005 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, seriously, post it dude. Curiosity kills me.

Also, the big lebowski on Comedy Central edits Walter's abuse on a corvette sayings as " This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!

9/17/2005 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home