Thursday, September 8

Not an interesting post

Well, I'll be honest from the start; this isn't going to be an interesting post. I have no philosophical insight nor witticisms from my last few days back here. However, since I know the past couple posts have been somewhat, um, non-happy, thought I'll just send word that things are going good since I've been back to DeKalb.

I had my first real day of serving tables today. I know it's not for everybody, but I really enjoy the interaction with the guests. The other servers...well, neither here nor there yet, but the management are realistic, at least. I got quite a bit of langiappe done today, then since I've been home I've basically caught up on all my readings for next week, with just a short micro-essay to write before Monday's Epistemology course.

I was really in the mood to go out and eat today (shit...that reminds me I haven't eaten at all yet), but, alas, I had no one to go with. While I've got no self-conscious issues of going out to eat by myself, it's just easier to fix some soup or ramen. However, while I really don't have anyone to just call up to go grab some food, things are getting a little better on the isolation issue. Had a night of dork-games with some of the people from the department last night, so that was a nice reprieve. Everyone had a really good time, so hopefully we can do it again soon. And so far it's been a fairly decent mixure of studying, working, and a night or two of R&R.

Well, like I said, this wasn't an interesting post and nothing I could add in the way of further ramblings could make it so. Just wanted to say things are good and I'm content with life at the moment. I keep waiting for some good service industry stories to share, but until then...

Namaste'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home