Friday, August 26

Chain Reaction

Given, I'm not sure what compelled me to get into the world of blogs in the first place. I never really intended to make an "online journal" out of it, though I admit Divergent World has tended that way from time to time. And, being inside the system of blogs, I don't really have the freedom to make fun of "bloggers." Although I agree with a lot of whats been said about the blogs linking to blogs linking to blogs, there is some good that can come out of it. "Mike, 'the undergrad,'" as 2nd years call him, is a 1st year in my Epistemology course. On the blackboard discussion section, he posted a message describing an epistemology blog that's run by a professor at MU with several contributors. It's titled Certain Doubts. In turn, one of the posts on this page is for a philosophy of science blog, titled Obscure and Confused Ideas.

Jonathan Kvanvig, the moderator of the epistemology blog, is actually coming to NIU as our keynote colliqium speaker. Should be a pretty interesting talk. In the meantime, you may (or very well may not) enjoy taking a look at those pages. However, it is a Friday night. I'm off to the Annex.