Sunday, August 21

The Outside World

Tomorrow marks my first day of actually having to do things. I honestly couldn't be happier. Sitting around my apartment today, not having yet unlocked the door to go outside (at least, out the front door) I could use a little stimulation. Yeah, yeah, the grass is always greener. But it has been a rare day in my life where I've been too busy.

I guess for most in the ivory tower school starts up tomorrow. For me, this came as quite a surprise last Wednesday. Not an unpleasant one, but a difference from the Aug. 31st start date I was expecting it to resemble. The finishing touch will be when I get out of Epistemology at 8:40 tomorrow evening and am expected at Ruby Tuesday's at 9 for my orientation test. It'll be possible, but tight.

Speaking of Ruby Tuesdays, and life up here in general for that matter, it reminds me of the motto: "Striving for mediocrity since 1970." Or whatever year fits your schedule. I cannot believe how asinine their training manual was. As a consequence, I'm even more ready for my next project. I haven't mention this to many people, but I will be dropping my name into the hat for substitute teaching in the school district around here. It's 80 a day and I'd be getting off, latest, at 2:45. With the schedule I currently have and the one planned for next semester, I'd be able to carry three days a week. My neighbor keeps telling me every sub she knows gets called daily, so that would cover my basic operating budget. Maybe if I start that up and it's working out for me, I can drop down to a few shifts a week at RT or even stop working there for a much easier schedule (read: more road trips to see friends as I would have 4 day weekends whenever I pleased).


Anyways, don't mind the random life update. Until your next regularly scheduled reality disappearing, enjoy the filler content.


Peace.

Post Scripts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home