Thursday, August 18

Orientated

I had my orientation for the philosophy department today. Not much news, other than a 3.0 minimum and a long couple slides on sexual harassment. But the good point was "amenities." At this juncture, the prof. handed it over to the second years to describe what the perks were about being in the department. Amidst a couple random comments, one guy said there'd be a party at his place for all the grad students tonight. BYOB and all. I was honestly surprised to see how many people ended up showing up. I figured some, maybe most of the first years would go as it was a good introduction to some of the guys, but it ended up being four or five first years and nearly all the second years. It was a good time, though. I met quite a few of the second years, and a couple first years as well. Anyways, it's late and it was a BYOB party, so I'd better cut this short. Leave it to say that I'm content with the way things worked out.


Post Scripts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home