Saturday, July 30

Jacket

Again, let me apologize for the lack of posts. The dial-up connection my parents have, plus the overload of crap they keep running in the background of their PC the entire time, make this a difficult computer to communicate with.

Outside of painting my parents house and getting a couple odds completed (fixing my bike, buying some cold weather gear, catching up with Graham et al.) I really don't have much to say. What I have been doing will bore you (though painting is surprisingly keeping my interest).

However, I did want to pop on-line to praise the movie The Jacket, staring Adrien Brody and Keira Knightley. I was hesitant to pick up the film since it's been out on DVD, though I do remember wanting to go see it in the theatres. It falls into that genre that's normally hokey with jump out of the shadow scare tactics. This one was truly a psychological game, though. As a disclaimer, this isn't the movie you have to spend all your energy following the story line or thinking of possible outs. For those who get turned off to movies that don't allow you to be absorbed into them due to their required engagement level, you'll still love this movie. It's psychological because it requires you to at least be aware of during the film and realize after the film that you just might not know. But there are definitely some key lines in there worth the price of the rental. True, I did just finish watching it, so I'm still on that post-coital high. However, if I'm still enjoying the ideas from the movie when I get settled up North, I intend to purchase it. Take it for what you will...


Post Scripts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home