Saturday, August 6

DeKalb on a Sunny Day

So forgive me for ranting in the last post. I was very frustrated with the manner in which this company does business, and though I still highly disagree with their practices and code of ethics, I am done dealing with them except for a few minutes every month to write my rent check...provided, of course, they fix my kitchen fixture which needs more than simply replaced bulbs.

However, I've had a great time this past weekend when my parents have been up here. They leave tomorrow morning, early, but it has been a very productive weekend. Thanks to the benifit of certain chairitable organizations, I have a new desk (1920's style), a dresser and another bookcase (can't have too many of those) all for about $60. I also have several nice lamps, thanks to a recently married couple with two of everything. Finally, to round out my warm and welcoming home, I have a new spice rack.

The crowning jewel of my new place, though, is a beer display that would make even TJG and ASH proud. Backlit, with an old neon "beer" sign and my complete collection of pint glasses. I'll send out a picture of this center piece soon. In short, my apartment is coming together nicely and things are falling into place where they should be. DeKalb is also slightly bigger than I once thought. There's a strip of 1st street that connects DeKalb to Sycamore, and these two town share a Walmart, Target, etc. So it won't be too bad of a place to live for two years...though I still need to find a good place to eat and at least one decent place for a pint or two.

As an ending note, I have fairly consistent internet again, and it's at least fairly quick when it is working. Thus, I will be back to my intended goal of steering this in a more palatable direction. Sorry for the life story, and the dissappearing act, but thing should be worth reading again soon.


Post Scripts...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're in a better mood ... you were getting downright angsty there in that last entry.

What's your new email? - J

8/07/2005 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home