Sunday, August 28

Katrina; 12am

I have heard, either directly or from reliable second hands, that all my friends have made it to safety. However, this couldn't have been a more perfect storm upon a worse city. May peace be with those homeless and poverty stricken, not to mention those tourists who's flights were cancelled.

Though I hope not to find myself as one of many telling a tale of a lost city in the future, I do want to say right now how much love I have for New Orleans. It was my home. The entire city had acquired that comfortable feeling which is rare, at least for me. I am not a religious man, but the well-being of all those effected by the storm are in my thoughts. And to those noble men and women who are riding out the night so that they may provide safety and medical services to those who had no option but to stay, may you have safe passage to those you aim to help and a safe return.