Friday, December 1

The First

The first application has been submitted. Last night I wrapped up the last of my work on my personal statement, CV, and writing sample and officially paid my dues. Now, I wait. Of course, while I wait, I've also gotta revise my personal statement to Stanford (no carbon copy on these, which pretty much kicks my ass). That's due the 5th, though all the official fields on the online application have been filled out already. And, in between all that interesting stuff, I also have a couple papers to finish up, a GRE to retake, two finals to study for, and a vegitarian diet to get the kinks worked out on...

And, the first snow of the year happened last night. I know a few of you were hit by the same snow as it came up from the Missouri area. Classes were actually cancelled today, and I think it was maybe 6 or 8 inches. But, given that, I couldn't have my autumn wreath on my door anymore. This morning, not having my TA class to go to, I sat down at actually got the wreath and schwag (that's how I pronounce it) completed. The wreath is on my door now and the schwag is down at the half-way landing coming up to my apartment. I've got a good picture of the wreath I've posted below, and a bad picture of the schwag. The way it's placed, it faces a very bright snowy background, so I wasn't able to get a straight on picture where you could see any detail. I'll try to take one tonight with the flash on to give a better idea of what it looks like. But, without further ado, here's the pictures:




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice... if you were still a pothead, perhaps schwag would be appropriate...

but i do like the Garland, as the rest of the world calls it ;) :-p

miss ya!

-SLC

12/01/2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Martha, can you come to my house and help me put up my tree?

Love you and miss you!

Em

12/04/2006 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home