Thursday, February 22

The Bad News

Well, inevitably the Gods that be noticed I was flying high for a couple days, so I've been smitten...or, uh, smited? Maybe a little of both. I woke up this morning in some pretty bad pain: chest congested, lower back hurting, a sneaking, woofing cough. And, due to that and, to be honest, a couple other issues, I started talking to my fellow travelers who were headed down to present at the MidSouth this weekend. Originally everyone was riding with me down, and a complication arose as one of the other guys with a car drives an incredibly responsible hybrid...with only two seats. But as the details are getting mulled over, it became increasingly obvious that I would not be able to drive down with them. Luckily, everything worked out; NC is reading my paper for me, they're well on their way, and I've spent the last 4 hours knocked out. Quite literally incapacitated.

So, not everything worked out as planned this week. I'm just getting a huge jug of OJ and heading back to bed at the moment (my eyes are burning, too...). I hope to get the letter from Davis tomorrow with all the facts, as I'm interested to see the details. Till then...

Namaste'.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home