Friday, February 9

Square Worlds

It was nearly a decent day out today. Given, it never got above 10 degrees, but it also never fell below 0 (though, I just found it, it apparently feels like -15). Considering the past week's weather, I'll take nearly decent any day of the week.

The weather?!? Are you serious? Yes, I'm talking about the weather. But you know me...it's just to lay the groundwork for what follows.

See, I heard it from a reputable source that the bitter cold air we'd been having was actually coming from Siberia. Yup, it's coming right up and over the top of the earth, gaining frost as it passes through scenic Canadia. Walking back from class yesterday, a friend made a comment about how expletively cold it was, and I made mention that the weather was coming from Siberia. Then, on a whim, I cursed whatever luck it was that we happened to live on a round planet. I mean, imagine the benefits of having a nice corner here and there to keep Siberian winds, if not confined to Siberia specifically, at least in Russia? A good cubed Earth, that's what we need. Then one of the more insane conversations I've had in a long time occurred, including questions about whether throwing apples over the side would result in an alarming number of injuries and how it'd feel to "tilt" as you topped one of these corners. The pentacle was a tangent from the gravitational effects of such a planet to the Olympics; the required expansion beyond summer and winter games to center and side games. I mean, imagine a pole vault right over the edge: "And a new world record - he made it all the way to the opposite side, crossing 47 countries and 2 international edge lines before touching down!" Not to mention some gymnastics acts right on a corner. Could you handle 3 gravitational directions at once?!? Anyways, it felt good to have an absurd, conjecture laden, reality suspending conversation like that. I hadn't had a good bought of that in awhile.

Oh, and another absurd turn in a conversation happened today. I was talking to a friend about making scrambled tofu, and second friend interjected to ask what scrambled tofu was. Friend number 1 takes this opportunity to say it's just like scrambled eggs, only instead of chicken eggs you use tofu eggs. I then carry this on to say you've got to make sure to get the freshest eggs, as tofu are self-germinating. Sometimes you crack the egg and out falls a fully formed tofu. I don't know about you, but I'd imagine a tofu (the kind coming from such an egg) would look oddly like a kiwi or some similar blip in evolution's attention. Duck-billed seitan, anybody?

In other news, I got a couple calls on my applications this week. Unfortunately, they were along the lines of "we've received items x and y, but we're missing items a thru r." Ok, not that bad. In fact, all my materials were at the institution already, but simply in the wrong department's office. So, these weren't too serious of issues, and I guess they did me more good than harm. Mainly, it's just good to know that decisions, or at least serious scrutiny, is currently being given to applications at some of my schools. And from the call I got from Davis, I'd imagine I might start receiving the first trickle of decision notifications in as little as two weeks time. But I won't count my tofus before they hatch.

Two trips coming up, but I'll talk about that in a later post. This has already run over my own attention span, especially considering the wain of endurance from not posting as frequently as I could. Anyways, I'll write again soon. Till then...

Namaste'.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Which society was it that believed that you became closer to God through orgasms? Was that Tantra or the Greeks (sorry for my sad lack of knowledge in this category)???

Anyways... can you imagine having sex on one of the corners of the world and the feeling of a three gravitational pull orgasm???

2/11/2007 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home