Saturday, January 13

Mark: 36

Well, for many of my friends, 36 hours might not seem like a long time to go without a cigarette. Fortunately, now, for me it doesn't either. But I thought I'd give an update regardless.

So it's been a day and some since I put out my last cigarette. I was talking to a friend of mine last night who said, "I read your blog. Congratulations...or, um, good luck? I don't know what you say in these situations." Fair enough. It's a habit to "try to quit"; as such, often times "good luck" is appropriate. However, I'm not trying. I know I smoked my last cigarette ever two nights ago. As such, there's no endeavors I'm relying on luck to complete (because, even if you don't smoke for three weeks or three months, you'd never be done "trying" to quit as there's always that potential to have another some day). So instead, I'm just done. Simple as that. No patch, gum, or ultra light cigarettes to wean me off. Just a healthy set of lungs working over the next few weeks to repair my idiotic fouling up of them.

Outside that, I don't know that I have a full "year-in-review" update in me at the moment, but I will say things are going fairly good. I completed my applications last week, which felt great. I also started back up at Ruby's, which is at least fun if not profitable. Classes start on Tuesday, but fortunately all of my classes, including my TA assignment, are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I've got 4 day "weekends" every week, outside of serving tables. I did, however, ask off for Mondays, as I'd like to actually have some semblance of a weekend this semester. I'm tired of having Ruby's, Class, or some serious paper writing/test studying/grading/or form filling every single day of my life. I mean, even God rested for one out of seven days. So hopefully that'll help with the sanity issue. Or maybe not...

Anyways, now that things are more stable in the world, I'll try to get back to updating DW a bit more regularly. Till then...

Namaste'.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, but i mean, God was creating the world... you are just pondering the meaning of it... i know you're an asshole, but seriously, comparing yourself to God? That's pretty ambitious

*** just kidding ***

see you soon at Shopping Cart Day!

-SLC

1/13/2007 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the cigs...now what will the three of us do at the Mudlounge...just have drinks? And does that mean we will have to sit inside? Oh, dear...this could make for some very interesting times, just alcohol no nicotine...

miss you!

Em

1/13/2007 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in lieu of nicotine at the lounge-o-mudd, i suggest that we use lots and lots of alcohol to fill the void. and we should all use our new lungs outside and poke fun at the others who still fill them with nasty things. oh, how i'm going to miss a strawberry bomb and a smoke at the park. *tear* i guess we'll cross that road when we get there.

miss you!
AW

1/16/2007 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home