Wednesday, February 21

The Good News

Well, it's official; I have good news. After class last night I checked my voicemail and I had received a message from the graduate adviser of UC Davis. And I've not only been accepted into their program, but with full funding! So, I have a plan!

I received a follow-up e-mail this afternoon with a brief run-down of some details and in a day or two I'll receive a big, fat envelope with the numbers and the more serious facts to ponder over. In the meantime, though, it's a hell of a good day.

To ground this news to reality for a moment, I will naturally be on the look-out for other letters and phone calls. UC Davis is fairly high on my personal rankings, but I've still got several apps out in the field. In fact, since I've gotten a couple questions about it, I've included an updated list of all the schools. For those keeping track at home, you'll notice another new piece of information: I received an electronic rejection through e-mail while I was down in New Orleans from Irvine. However, that was only from their philosophy department and not the LPS program (Logic and Philosophy of Science). So here's the break-down:

  • Accepted
    • UC Davis
  • Pending
    • Rutgers
    • Pittsburgh
    • Stanford
    • Princeton
    • UC Berkeley
    • Harvard
    • UC Irvine, LPS
    • Madison, WI
    • Amherst
    • Ohio State
    • CU Boulder
    • UC Riverside
    • College Park
    • Cornell
    • Wash U
    • Carnegie-Mellon
  • Rejected
    • Duke
    • Chapel Hill
    • UC Irvine, Philosophy
So that's what's going on in this world. I'll be waiting to see what other information comes in from those schools still pending. Naturally, I'll keep everyone updated. But it's just feels damn good to know that I won't be without a plan after this year.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

congratulations!

2/21/2007 8:42 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Congratulations, Jeff! If you do end up at UCD, please give Eric Johnson a big hug for me.

2/22/2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger Maja said...

hey!
congrats on your acceptance. Sounds like things are starting to go your way :)
..but for your pending applications (by the way, why did you apply to about a million places?)
don't go to college park.. well, it may be different not being an undergrad, but for undergrad... I originally wanted to go there but the people were super rude and it's really not that nice of a campus. So yep, that's just my thought on it :)
I wish you the best of luck for Princeton though! :)

2/24/2007 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home