Sunday, April 15

Madison!


Without hesitancy or any coy slights-of-word, I'm going to Madison!

This is a decision made after a long process of pro's and con's, not to mention a long period of waiting to actually receive an offer. I was right on the lip of the waiting list for awhile now; yesterday I received the offer of admission and today, the officially deadline across the country for graduate programs, I accepted that offer.

Naturally, there are a multitude of complex motives and circumstances that influenced this choice. True, I only had a couple schools to consider (Boulder had some financial issues that, on the advice of an old professor, caused that option to be eliminated). However, I couldn't be more excited about this. The tally to the left has since been deleted and today is the last time you'll see the "Application" tag.

Oh, and perhaps now I'll finally be somewhere people will want to come visit (I'm looking at you two, SLC and JMD). I'm thinking of having Thanksgiving at my place next year, so to
the gang in general, how's stuffed squash with a mango salsa, sassafras couscous with chickpeas, and sweet potato pie sound (don't worry, I'll stay away from the eggplant)?

In sum, good news all around. I'll be updating a bit more as the week progresses.

Some Interesting Links:
Madison's Philosophy Department
Map of Madison
Wiki-Madison
Definition of an Isthmus
Official Page

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

hey, congratulations! have you heard from other 2nd years about what their plans are?

4/15/2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

YAY!!!!!!! :) I'm so excited for you! Congratulations! I'm pretty sure theres somesort of beer festival that i might need to come see you for....Cant wait to hear all about it! Again, congratulations! You definitely deserve it!

Love you and miss you!
AW

4/15/2007 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! I bet it feels good to finally know where you are going to be in the coming months!

Talk to you soon!

Love, Em

4/15/2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

whoa... to be singled out to visit ;)

wait... people live in wisconsin??? and wait... you want us to visit in NOVEMBER?!?!?!

just teasing... I'm so excited for you... I know you will really enjoy it... since you'll be up there for a bit, I am definitely hoping to get up there to see you... congrats!

4/16/2007 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home