Sunday, March 18

Perhaps, but not just now

Labels: JBP, Philosophy

Perhaps at some point in the new future I will complain and grumble about the absurdities that confiscate my life. If you're curious, in the meantime, I've linked the title of this post to a post 366 days ago on this same topic.

However, I wanted to take a brief aside to point out something I found rather humorous. In studying for these comps, we've been fairly kind to one another by providing our own versions of outlines for the topics at hand. These outlines, by no means, include sufficient information alone to pass the tests, but they're helpful in recalling previous knowledge and in organizing one's thoughts. What kills me is that in the middle of an incredibly detailed outline of Descartes' second meditation, amidst lines of text of definitive information and rational process, of the nurturing self, sensing self, and rational self, is a line stuck in which says "Descartes is really pulling this out of his ass." I can only imagine the state of mind of the individual, whomever it was, who wrote that. Because, honestly, I can only imagine the state of my mind at present.

I hope all the NIU kids had a great Spring Break. I know I did!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home