Tuesday, March 13

The GradCafe


I got curious a couple posts back as to how people were coming across my site. Given, my friends either have the page bookmarked or google "divergent world" when they want to get back here. However, when making fun of the random "fruit loops scrambled letters" google in a comment awhile back, I also noticed a trend. Because I've been blogging about the application process, a lot of hits have been pointing people to my site about admissions, philosophy, grad programs, etc. In turn, I decided to take a look around, and I came across this really good site for application updates. TheGradCafe.com has a continuously updating list of notification letters. If you click on the title of this post, it'll take you to a week-long spectrum of program notifications beginning with the letter 'P' (Philosophy is a couple slots down). Here you can submit notification updates and view whether other people have heard from the schools you're applying to. There's also a column for how the notification was received (phone, e-mail, postal, etc). Quite a few people have been submitting for philosophy, which is good. Of course, quite a few of those have been rejected, which is bad. But any news is good news at this stage in the game. As you can see in the sidebar to the right, I've only got 7 schools left to hear from. Ohio state sent rejections about a week ago and Rutgers did as well, but I don't know how heavily I'd rely on that information (I checked the website and Rutgers has me listed as "No Decision"). But I guess it's just good to see some relevant information now and then. Anyways, for those of you who stumble across my site trying to find more relevant information, the gradcafe is the place for it. Good luck to you and, as my friend recently suggested, "加油" (literally, "add oil"; cultural idiom of encouragement in Chinese).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home