Monday, February 26

Temperature Smeperature

After piercing chest pain this morning, I was starting to think maybe I had something other than your quotidian cold. Out of curiosity, I decide I should go ahead and take my temperature. This morning I had a fever of 101. Ok, kinda sucks. But I decided I didn't feel all that bad; outside of the shooting chest pains (reminders of my old habits, I've no doubt), my nose, head and throat all felt much better. Then seven hours later I retake my temperature, and I'm at 95.6. Is something wrong here? Am I dying? Or did I just buy a broke-ass thermometer? I don't get why people pay attention to this stuff -- or how I was convinced I needed said broke-ass thermometer that only comes in purple and looks a little like I'm worried I may be pregnant. I don't have any inflamed lymph nodes, the back of my throat isn't red and blotchy, and it doesn't burn when I pee: In my book, that makes me healthy. But I wouldn't mind kicking the last bit of this crap. I've got a really busy couple weeks in front of me, and the last thing I need is to need to sleep more than 4 hours a night.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

you should ask emily about being sick. shes really good at it these days...same symptoms as you.

get better soon! :)

miss you..
aw

2/27/2007 10:02 AM  
Blogger ashlj said...

Ok, so these past few weeks I've really gotten good at being sick...bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection...neither of which are conducive to getting work done.

Temperature: I never took mine. I figured what was the point. I felt like shit, I knew I felt like shit and knowing my body temperature was not going to make me feel any better so I say ditch the thermometer.

Shooting chest pains: I had/have those. I know you are not big into taking meds but Motrin seems to help a little.

Coughing: Drink lots of water, and I mean LOTS of water...try to rest, yeah I know, once again this does not help you get work done but it will help you get better.

Oh, and sometimes chocolate ice cream helps. I didn't say it was good for you, but it helps.

I hope you are feeling better soon and if you need anything (1) someone to bitch with about not feeling well enough to work (2) someone to cough with (3) someone to say, "ouch, my chest hurts" with...well then it looks like I'm your girl!

Try to rest! Talk to you soon!

em

2/27/2007 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home