Sunday, October 16

Like Son, Like Father




In a phone call to my parents, my dad tells my mom to ask me if I've ever had "Golden Pheasant" beer. I haven't, nor heard of it. Then he asks her to ask me (kind of the way it's done in my family) if I've ever had "Brutio Ferretti Ale," to which I reply I have not. Then I found out my dad bought a "beers of the world" 8-pack and has gone through 3 this weekend. He's really enjoying them, as he hasn't drank in probably 12 years. Got started when I made him try a Magic Hat #9 that a good friend gave me a 6-pack of as a going away present when I left NOLA. This is from a guy who never drank anything but Coors light, who now is liking golden's, wheats, ales, and I think he had a Belgium Ale, too. My mom tells me that he left the bottle of that Golden Pheasant on top of the refrigerator, to which she told him, "Now, don't think you're going to have a beer collection like Jeff does." Anyways, I thought that was pretty funny.

Post Scripts...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you always were the corrupter... - SLC

10/17/2005 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But have you tried Balashi (Aruaba's beer), Presidente (The Dominican Republic's Beer), or Mississippi Mud Ale (some beer we have that is sold in little brown jugs that are so cute)?

10/17/2005 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home