Thursday, October 6

One Man's Trash...

I would make a great bum. Very resourceful. Let me count the ways:

I own (having paid for or otherwise inhereted):
Two lamps, a desk, a bed, a dresser, two bookcases, and a futon.

I possess (having acquired through kinda legal but free means):
Three end tables (two very nice by Lane), a microwave cart, a tv stand, a bookcase, two lamps, a plant stand, a "behind the couch" table, and now a brand "new" coffee table.

As I was taking out the trash today, in the dumpster was a perfectly good coffee table. When I say perfectly good, I mean it was stable. Not that I'm in to dumpster diving, since I only had to barely reach in to get it, but with a couple good squirts of disinfectant, it's now it perfect working order in front of my couch.

Why would I pull a coffee table out of a dumpster instead of paying 10 or 20 bucks at salvation army for a nicely used one? Well, first, because this one is also nicely used. And second, because whatever I would pay for an equal table at salvation army can be spent on a new 51 1/2" by 21 1/2" piece of particle board, some sand paper, a little stick-on formica, and a can of stain. The entertainment value alone is worth any amount of spoiled milk I had to wipe off the thing (not that the milk was actually spoiled). This is at least a one time, 3 hour hobby to keep me busy. And, now I have a coffee table to play games on when game night circles back around to my house. I'll post before and after pictures once I finish the project.

Yeah, I'm boring...but at least now a little less bored.

Post Scripts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home