Friday, June 3

Northern Illinois University

So here's a "what the fuck..." for you. I checked my mail this evening, as I don't really have a need to check it on a daily basis over the summer. Turns out that sometime in the past two days I recieved a letter from Northern Illinois Graduate School accepting me into their terminal Master of Arts program for Philosophy. Keep in mind their program is ranked second in the nation as far as Masters in Philosophy go.

I may have mentioned in a previous post, maybe in April, that one of my schools never recieved my GRE or transcripts. Well, the transcripts were hanging around their admissions department and were never passed on to the philosophy department, while it was my mistake in ordering where my GRE scores were sent. So I reordered the GRE scores, made sure the admissions was sending on my transcripts, but by this point I had assumed I shouldn't even consider this school as a viable option. It was late, their class was likely already set, not to mention I'd recieved a couple rejections.

But then this happens? I've been accepted to the 4+1 here at Tulane for Philosophy (for those who don't know, Tulane's Philosophy department is ranked roughly 50th). I've got a great system worked out with Housing for next year, and it would only take me a year to complete my Masters. But then there's the question of moving on to a highly reputable PhD program after my Masters...leaves open the question of which school really would be the best option for me.

Anyways, after I said "what the fuck..." I said I wasn't going to even begin to think about this tonight. The only reason I mention it now is that I can't sleep. Side note: I haven't slept more than 2 hours straight in the past week. I'll stay in bed from midnight till 6am, but I keep waking up. Sometimes it's hour and a half intervals, sometimes its 20 minutes. Not waking up by simply tossing over, but literally sitting straight up in bed, looking at the clock, getting my bearings, and then cursing the situation. Anyways, hopefully that changes soon as the headaches have started up again.

But enough of that...Asalaam aleikum.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

- J

6/03/2005 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home