Thursday, May 26

Summer Rhythm

Tomorrow JMD will be leaving town. Counting Shelbs on Sunday, Steph on Tuesday, MBB on Wednesday, and CJB this morning, that's five best friends who've left town this week. It's really going to sink in this weekend when it's just down to a few of us. On top of that, we're all doing our own thing this summer, with either employed, lab stuff, or, in my case, hours of reading material to get a jump on next year.

Besides that, health is good. I'm going to be working out 5 or so days a week this summer. Maybe ASH and I can hit up the gym on a couple of those days per week for some weight training, but a main part is going to simply be cardiovascular and fat burning. No, I'm not concerned about looking good (well, maybe just a little bit), but I am concerned about taking care of the past four years of hell I put my body through. Anyways, that should work well.

On top of that, having just completed my 5th day without one inhalation of cigarette smoke, this should be a productive summer. I'm also making just enough money to skate by through June so that I can get to Colorado and back. Maybe starting in July I'll get a second job to save up for the following school year, but in the meantime, I'm going to make good use of my free time.

Also, for that esoteric side I have been neglecting, I'll get back to it soon. I'm reading a little Voltaire and then I've got a consciousness book I'm going to sink my teeth into, so there'll hopefully be some interesting reads once the summer settles down into its own rhythm.

(Also, just remember that the titles of these posts are always linked to something of relevance. As for the Tarot Court Card post earlier, it's title goes to the website I got that from. Most of the time it pertains, to some degree, of what my post is about. Other times it's simply a treat for my readers : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home