Monday, May 30

9th Day

This is the ninth day without a cigarette. As ASH knows, I was really craving one last night. But as I described to him, it's all about triggers now. After that 3rd or 4th day, when the random cravings stopped, it's just been in certain situations that I've felt like having a cigarette would feel really good. Understandable last night, as ASH and I went to the Bulldog. For lack of anything better to do, we had four pints instead of the normal one round each. We were about to stick around for another two rounds, but instead decided to go play Shot Soul Caliber (yeah...go figure.) Anyways, it was a good night and even though the triggers were there to drink, the cravings pass in about the time it would have taken to smoke a cigarette.

Also, I'm keeping with the work-out plan. Living over here in Willow really makes it easy to stumble over to Reily when I'm bored (even this morning, after sleeping on ASH's couch last night). Working with ASH yesterday on chest and tri's kicked my ass. But I went back today and, on my own, did my back and bi's. Yeah, that'll probably hurt tomorrow, too, but it's good to have that feeling of productivity again. Actually invokes a little bit of nostalgia for when I took care of my body back in high school. We'll see if I still have as positive an outlook after the 6:15am Spinning class tomorrow.

To sum up, things are good. I think I'm going to be detoxing this weekend, so I will probably call in a disappearing act. But in the meantime, I'm up for whatever this week. Give me a call, shoot me an IM, or send word on the ether. Till then...

Namaste'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home