Monday, April 17

Half-way Done, Half-way through Comps

Just a small update; turns out I only passed one of the three recent comps. Now the Metaphysics and Epistemology is out of the way, along with the Logic comp I passed this past December. Unfortunately, the History, which I felt really confident about coming out of, and the Ethics comp both didn't fair so well. I'm not too worried about Ethics, as I was borderline "pass" anyways, and with a different set of questions I should do fine. History, though, is a different story. With the exception of the moment I actually walked out of the test, I never really had any expectation of passing it. However, now knowing how I felt I did, how much information I covered, yet still not having passed the thing -- that kinda worries me. Eh...at least that chapter is closed right now. Not much to do about it till next semester rolls around the I get to retake them. I'll plan on using my time this summer for a bit of extra reading, but I guess I'll take the "Two down, two to go" mentality for now.

Nothing else too exciting is going on. As I stopped by work to pick up my check today, one of the managers asked me if I could work tomorrow night. Turns out, he doesn't want me serving, but wants me coming in dressed nicely. I'll be following him around, learning how to close the restaurant tomorrow. Should be interesting, if not a little odd. Considering the fact that I definitely don't have tenure there, something tells me it might piss a few of my fellow servers off. I don't know...can't hurt to be trained as a closing manager. If nothing else, I'll look damn good tomorrow night (actually had to stop and buy a new pair of charcoal gray slacks, as, outside of suits, I don't really have many nice clothes). All in all, looking good at work for once might help that other, uh, "interest" in my life right now. I won't get too personal on here, as DW isn't exactly a blog about my personal life so much as for intellectual issues. But we'll see where that goes.

Till something adventurous happens...
Namaste'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home