Monday, April 4

The United States

So my subscription to this Blockbuster movie pass is about to expire, and I've been picking up a lot of movies I wouldn't normally pay the $5 to rent. Turns out to be a good thing, cause along with the pieces of commercial crap, I happen upon some excellent films from time to time.

I rented The United States of Leland this afternoon and just got done watching it. It follows the same concepts as American Beauty with the same comfortable feel as Life as a House. In short, it was a great film about the nature of life and the dichotomy between everything's alright (you can't see how bad things are) to what's real. I was surprised at how well Ryan Gosling did in the role of Leland, but naturally both Kevin Spacey and Don Cheadle were right on the mark. Now that I've written about five sentances and then deleted them for their lack of description, I've come to the realization that this movie is just one of those you not only can't describe, but one of those you don't feel like talking about afterwards. So, let me just say I recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home