Sunday, April 24

Zeta Psi Formal 2005

Last night was my last Zeta Psi formal event...provided I actually end up going somewhere next year. I couldn't have asked for a better night.

We ended up in the Blue Room of the Fairmont, which suited us perfectly. In the past, we've either been in a conference room (which wasn't nice enough for a formal event) or in the grand ballroom (which swallows a group our size). The Blue Room was perfect, though, with a raised ring around the outside for tables and mingling and a sunken center of the room for the tasty treats and dance floor. As always, the NIBs' awards sucked...but I do give Whitaker credit for making a couple of them worthwhile. And at least we only had to sit through ten or so instead of for the entire brotherhood. My award was "'We don't know what the fuck you're talking about, Buddha' Award." Yeah...makes sense, but wasn't that funny. Subtlety, my friends, is the key to humor.

Anyways, the open bar was to my liking, though they did run out of whiskey a little over halfway thru. But the Patron tequila served it's purpose (without the repeat of the night before) and the playlist, though intermixed with some odd choices, was also nice. Nick and his date, Lisa, rocked the dance floor with their uninhibited headbanging and twirling, and Stafford provided the all-too-necessary "Let's get wasted!" after the toast.

I do feel a bit bad, as the bus ended up leaving a couple couples stranded, but these minor negatives are bound to occur in some capacity. All in all, though, the night was a success and, from what I could tell, everyone (including the dates of those who were overly indulgent) had an amazing time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home