Sunday, October 8

A New Hobby?


So most of my good friends know that I make a pretty mean pumpkin bread. I've also made a decent wreath, and one spring-break a couple years back I crocheted a beanie. What brings me to take on these, uh, projects, is that I need something to do with my hands. I spend too much time traveling around the ether; a side effect of which is that I often don't see any finished, real-world product. And while I'd like to make a bench or a room-dividing-bookcase, the lack of a work space and a couple necessary powertools makes that a problem. So, instead, I decided to pick up knitting. It's more difficult than crocheting, which gives me a bit of a challenge. But I can still make beanies (of a little better quality than my first attempt) and it gives me some small meassure of sanity; a confirmation that I have actually been productive to some extent in the past couple days. I only picked up the yarn and such today, but I've already made a good half of a potholder (start small, right?) Anyways, I figure if I'm taking this on as a hobby, I might as well beat you to the punch-line, so check out the linked title of this post.

(...as a side benifit, if this doesn't invite my readers to leave a comment, I don't know what would...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, the mental image of this is almost too much for me to handle...dear old Jeffery, sitting in his rocker (do you even have a rocker?, if not you should get one as it would make this whole image thing much more believable), with his glasses half way down his nose intently focued on knitting a pink scarf, smoking his pipe, with his cat running about at his feet!! It's perfect!

Really Jeffery, you are too much!! But I love you for it...can't wait for my Christmas gift!! No more green frog gag gifts for me!

-Em

10/09/2006 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll gladly take the green frog any day....only kidding. Please dont make a scarf in the shape of a pickle (thanks to ericka for that one). I am in desparate need of a new sweater though. Oh, i have an idea. A sweater with an aplique frog on it. yes, i must have that immediately!

I'm glad that you have found your new love. And yes, this does mean that you are old, and somewhat crazy. But i guess that's what you get for chosing philosophy for a life's teaching. (dont worry, psychology isnt much better). Cant wait to see all that you have done! Now, when you are home, i can come watch movies at your house while you and your mom make blankets together! YAY!!!! :)

Love you and miss you like yarn without a needle (good one, eh?)

...aw

10/09/2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home